Palak Paneer, a healthy vegetarian recipe from India
Palak Paneer is one of the most delicious and nutrient Indian vegetarian curries. Spinach is a rich source of iron and Paneer contains high-quality protein. Onion and tomato are a source of antioxidant and lycopene.
Palak Paneer goes well with the Indian naan and chapati. I love to eat it with rice as well. Specially jeera rice fried with ghee. It is our most favourite curry. I prefer it to cook most of the time because that’s one of the best ways to provide a nutritional diet to the kids and goes really well with rice. I buy baby spinach regularly from the grocery store and also keep frozen palak as well. you can add it to soup, rice and even pasta. Have you ever tried spinach garlic pasta? If you haven’t then you are really missing one of the simplest and the best pasta recipe. You can find find the recipe here.
If you are vegan then suggest using tofu if you do not have Paneer available. You can follow the exact same recipe including frying the tofu cubes.
You can even make paneer at home. Refer the recipe here.
Please like and subscribe to my Youtube Channel
- 350 gm Spinach
- 250 gm Paneer
- 2 Tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Large Tomato
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Green chilli Optonal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmaric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 Teaspoon Salt As per taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder Optional
- Cut the Spinach into medium peices and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix it in the grinder and make a fine spinach puree.
- Cut the onion , Garlic, chillies into small peices. Keep tomato separately.
- Make tomato puree.
- Cut Paneer into 1 inch small cubes.
- Deep fry Paneer untill golden brown.
- Heat the pan and add 2 tablespoon oil. Add Bay leaves and Cumin seeds
- Add Onion and Garlic, fry untill it turn light golden brown.
- Add tomato puree, turmaric, coriender pwoder and salt. Fry untill golden brown.
- Add Spinach Puree, Garam Masala. Simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Add Paneer cubes and simmer it 5 more minutes. Palak Paneer is ready.