Paneer with melon seeds without onion a delicious and different recipe you can’t miss.
It’s a long weekend here, and this is what we cooked today. It was so delicious, and I couldn’t wait to write this post. So, my dear friends If you are looking for a different Paneer recipe, then paneer with melon seeds is a must-try.
It is not a very traditional curry which is needed to be typically made with onions. I did not use onion since I wanted to keep Melon seeds flavor in the curry as a prime and did not want any other ingredient to dominate the taste. I believe in using fewer ingredients which brings out a balanced flavour.
- Use of Red chillies pieces – I use it more to create a beautiful texture with the green chillies. I used big pieces instead of the powder. It’s totally a personal preference. If you want to make it spicier then go ahead with the red chillies powder, you will not be disappointed. But if you are really making it the very first time then try to follow the recipes as per the instructions.
- Use of curry leaves, mustard, cumin, and fenugreek seeds.
- Add more milk if you want to make it milder. I kept the curry a bit dried.
It goes really well with hot chapati brushed with pure ghee or butter. No curry can go wrong with this combination. So enjoy my delicious recipe Paneer with melon seeds. Don’t forget to share the photos on Instagram or pintrest, and do tag @mywaytocook.
Paneer with melon seeds
- 1 cup melon seeds
- 200 gm Paneer cubes
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes medium size
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 3 red chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon curd optional
- teaspoon salt as per taste
- Boil tomatoes for 3-4 minutes, peel and make puree
- Soak melon seeds in water for 15-20 minutes
- make a paste with garlic
- Heat oil in the pan, add red chillies, curry leaves, cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds. Then add melon garlic paste and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and Paneer cubes.
- Mix it well , add little milk or water if you like mild curry
- Simmer it on low flame for 5 minutes</li>