How can I miss tortilla recipe when all we are discussing here this week is Mexican food. Trust me these simple tortillas are very easy to roll and cook. I used olive oil instead of vegetable shortening, which advised by most of recipes I found in Google.
We talked about Mexican sauce in my previous post. This time tortilla .You got that right… 🙂 My next post is Enchiladas.
Here is the tortilla recipe, please give this recipe a try.
Wheat flour Tortilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup water + 2 tbs water
- 1/2 tablespoon salt to taste I added around 1/2 teaspoon
- Mix oil and salt in flour and mix it well. Rub flour with your palm.
- Mix water and make a smooth dough.Let it rest for 15 minutes
- divide the dough into 12 equal balls
- Roll it in 6-7 inch circle.
- Cook both the sides on medium heat till the lightly brown. Add little olive oil both the sides.