Delicious Italian Parmesan oregano bread – a perfect bread to any meal.
Italian Parmesan oregano bread is the most delicious Bread I have ever backed. I love eating at Subway, and the best part is you choose ingredients and make your own sandwich. Trust me, it’s a paradise for the vegetarian in Kuala Lumpur because only a few fast-food restaurants serve veg burger here.
This rustic Italian Bread is moist, chewy, and Full of Flavor. We love this Bread sliced thick for sandwiches made with fresh mozzarella and tomato, and it goes so well with soup and salad.
Italian Parmesan Oregano is a basic, easy to make, and satisfying bread. The best part of making this Bread is the aroma it spreads in your house. You feel like you are in a Subway restaurant.
Exactly what Flouressence commented in recipe review .
Hi, thanks for the recipe. I followed exactly what was shared and it turned out really well. Love how the aroma fills my entire house. My family loved it and so do my friends. Thank you!
What you’ll need to make a good Parmesan Oregano bread and Why You’ll Want to Have Some on Hand
This easy to make Parmesan oregano bread is one of the best things you can put in your oven. It’s not time-consuming and doesn’t require a lot of work. You could also say that it’s suitable for beginner bakers! The ingredients for this recipe are simple, flour, yeast, sugar, salt, oil and water, and a mix of Garlic powder, oregano, parmesan cheese and olive oil
5 Ways that this Bread is a Perfect Fit for any Meal, Any Time of Day or Week
Italian Parmesan oregano bread has been around for centuries. It’s quite simple to make, but it does take time and patience.
- Completely Vegan version – Toss some rocket salad, tomato, onion and cheese. Tofu optional
- Chicken Tikka Version – Add Chicken tikka with a combination of veggies and cheese.
- Grilled the Bread with garlic butter. Have a mix of Cajun spice powder and Olive oil.
- Ham Sandwich – Slices deli ham, Onion, Tomato, Dijon mustard and Mayonnaise.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
How to Make the Glaze for Italian Parmesan oregano bread and What it Adds to the Flavour?
Making the Glaze is the most important part of this recipe, but the easiest one as well. It is a simple mix of Garlic powder, oregano, Grated parmesan cheese and olive oil.
Garlic powder is a common spice that adds Flavor to food. It is often used in Italian dishes like pasta and pizza.
Oregano is also a popular spice, adding Flavor to a dish and aiding digestion.
Parmesan cheese is one of the most common cheeses used because it tastes delicious in every dish or sauce.
Olive oil has been found to reduce heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels and improving blood pressure levels. You can make this tasty treat by mixing these ingredients with some salt or without salt!
How to Make the Perfect Italian Parmesan Oregano Bread?
The ingredients for this recipe are simple, flour, yeast, sugar, salt,oil and water.
Step 1: In a bowl, mix the yeast and flour with the sugar. Add the rest of the water and salt.
Create dough by adding more water or flour for desired consistency. Add oil and Knead until elasticity is achieved.
Step2 : . Let rest for at least 60 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the Glaze: Mix Garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, dried oregano and olive oil.
Step3: After 60 minutes, divide the dough into two parts. Make the dough in an oval shape. And move it to the baking sheet covered in parchment paper lightly greased with olive oil spray or butter. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
Step4: Cover dough balls with a glaze made previously and bake at 220 degrees Centigrade for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
My Top 3 Bread Recipes –
- Italian Parmesan Oregano Bread
- Hokkaido Milk Bread – Soft milk toast with a secret ingredient
- Banana Bread Recipe
- Use the measuring cup for bread flour and water
- Use warm water to activate the yeast, not the hot water.
- Try to add water little by little when you knead the dough.
- Spray some water around the bread or inside the oven when before you place the tray to bake the bread.
- or just place a separate tray filled with water below the baking tray(if you have a big multi-rack oven)
Join my email list to enjoy the weekly free recipe newsletter.
Italian Parmesan oregano bread
- 2 cup Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon sunflower oil you can also add Soya or olive oil
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- Mix water,yeast,sugar and salt , and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Once yeat become active mix flour,oil and mixture and knead it for 10 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hour.
- Prepare Paremsan oregano mix, mix all the ingredients listed in Parmesan Oregano mix.
- Punch the dough ,devide it in the equal parts and give each part shape of foot long bread( like subway), and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Spead the Parmesan Oregano mix on both the bread and carve the lines across the bread with lame or knife. Bake the bread at 220 Centigrade for 15-20 minutes in pre-heated oven. Don't forget to spray the water in the oven before that.
- Take out the bread from oven, once it looks light brown on the surface.