Delicious guilt-free creamy mushroom tomato curry
Creamy mushroom tomato curry is tangy, creamy, and a little spicy. It has all flavor we love to have in a typical curry.
Let me confess, I was making mushroom peas curry with only cream and ended up making this wonderful curry. But it was so good that I have already made it three times before this post. I used tomato puree and cream. I used ready-made tomato puree. I don’t know the reason but my homemade puree never comes out this red. It always slightly pink and becomes red while cooking. Do they use artificial color? I hate using color in my cooking. it’s okay if your curry doesn’t look red or whatever but it should taste better. My tomato mushroom curry is an Indian style tomato curry.
We normally go to Jusco or village grosser for fresh button mushrooms.
So here is my recipe for delicious cream mushroom curry. If you like mushroom then don’t forget to try my recipe Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.
Please like and subscribe to my Youtube Channel
Creamy mushroom tomato curry
- 1 packet of button mushrooms 300 gm
- 3/4 cup chickpeas I used frozen one
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1/2 taspoon garam masala
- 1 or 2 dried red chilies
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- Cut onion in small pieces and boil in water for 10 minutes
- Drain water and grind onion , make a smooth paste
- My other three main ingredients
- Cut each mushroom in four pieces
- Heat oil in pan , add red chilies and cumin seeds
- Add onion paste and cook it for 5 minutes, add 2 –3 tablespoon water if paste is thick
- Add tomato puree
- Mix it well
- Add mushrooms ,chickpeas and garam masala
- Cover the pan and simmer it on law flame for 6-8 minutes, add little water if needed.
- add chat masala and cream,add 1-2 tablespoon of water if gravy is too thick.
- Mix it well and cook it for 3-4 minutes. Curry is ready to serve.